A great deep heart opening pose that strengthens the legs and lengthens the spine and torso. Here are some simple step-by-step instructions:
- From Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana), exhale and step your right foot forward between your hands, ensure that the right knee is aligned with the right heel.
- Lower your left knee to the floor and slide the left leg back until a comfortable stretch in the thigh. The top of your left foot is on the floor.
- Inhale and lift your torso up and simultaneously sweep your arms in front and up bringing your palms together over your head.
- Arms are aligned to your ears and shoulders are relaxed.
- Draw in your tailbone down toward the floor and lift your pubic bone toward your navel.
- Hold for a minute or so, then exhale your torso back to the right thigh, place your hands to the floor on either side of the right foot.
- Inhale turn your toes under from your left foot and exhale to lift your left knee off the floor and step back to Adho Mukha Svanasana.
- Repeat with the left foot.
Photo @letsgetl_st taken in Sayulita Mexico.