Kick start your yoga practice with one of my favourite poses Urdhva Hastasana.
1. Take a deep inhale, raise and lengthen your arms over your head and press your palms together.
2. Engage the legs and rotate your inner thighs back to release the buttocks ; -)
3. Draw in your abdomen and lengthen the tailbone down so that your pelvic lifts.
4. Relax your shoulders away from your ears and keep lengthening through your arms.
5. Gaze up towards your thumbs, keeping your back and neck long.
Photo by Ale Romo